Tuesday, February 1, 2011

week 6 the pike-rel

In a moment of uncharacteristic daring I skipped fishing sunday! It was Ok, I got my homework done and waited for the high pressure to pass. So monday I made an afternoon run to lantern hill pond. I found fresh tracks and new holes drilled. I redrilled 5 holes and set up before I could get the second trap out my first flag went off. I ran over and felt the tug but snapped the line. it felt big. I had three more flags while I set up and missed all three. I had a hot jigging spot though with bass and small gills. Around sunset I made my way off the slush.

Today was an Ice day where you miss class and nothing really seems to happen. There was a glaze of ice on everything, so it was probably for the best. I made a quick run to lantern hill to fish till 12:00. I was all set out by 10:00 and the wait began. Nothing but freezing rain sticking to everything for about an hour and a half. Then a flag goes up, I run and lose the fish, Reset and had a fish back on almost immediately. It was the same heavy feel as before. I played the fish to the hole with six runs. when I saw it I knew it was a new personal best pickerel. See for yourself. I guess it was around 5# and over 20 inches. I was quite happy. Also I went over to long pond for a look and noticed this weird scene. I didnt try the ice.




No comments: