Thursday, January 13, 2011

week 2 Mission accomplished

Mondays trip to Hayward lake was a success with pickerel, yellow perch and largemouth bass. I gave all the fish to Jake and his parents, they gave me some fruit which I took home to Krystal.


The following day I met Seth and Jerry on Patchaug pond for some pike fishing.Before any fish were caught I was videotaping when i fell in the snow. I stood up and joined the group. As i stood there waiting to see if there was a fish I flicked my hands to get the snow off. In my haste I flicked my wedding ring off into the snow. Some quick thinking and a tense 5 mins later we found the ring by throwing water on the fresh snow.
Some impressive fish came out of the holes including a bass with spots on it and some large pike. I returned two days later and fished with Seth. Some of the ice was very sketchy and we had to do our best to avoid falling through at some spots. I read someones post on ct fisherman about the snow affecting the ice I hope its not too detrimental because there has been quite a bit of snow. May try again for pike on Saturday.

No comments: